These images were captured from British turkey farms. They show the reality of modern-day turkey farming. Each turkey faced a brutal and bloody death, all for the sake of a meal.
We have documented farms across the range, from ‘higher welfare’ to conventional intensive operations.
Some of the horrors our investigations have captured include:
- Turkeys packed into overcrowded sheds.
- Turkeys suffering with concerning injuries.
- Animals with potential diseases and infections that have been left untreated.
- Mutilations such as de-beaking being commonplace.
- Dead bodies left festering on the floor among the living, creating a hotbed for diseases.
The saddest part is that this is all entirely unnecessary.
Christmas is supposed to be the season of peace and goodwill, and we should extend that to all including animals. By opting for a plant-based alternative this year, you will be sparing an innocent turkey a life of suffering and a terrifying death.
Copyright © 2021 Registered in the UK as Animal Abuse Injustice and Defence Society. Company number 1787309.